Work and The Good Life
Wed, Apr 22
Guest Speaker: Anne Helen Petersen
Today we welcome author and journalist Anne Helen Petersen to class to talk about her research on the psychology of burnout and ways that economic forces shape our pursuit of meaningful careers and lives.
By the end of class:
- You will critically reflect on the role of work in the good life.
- You will understand how burnout can be a barrier to the good life.
Answer the following reflection questions in your journal.
- What would failure in life look like, and why are you scared of it (if you are)?
- How does work relate to the good life?
- Should you always be "working", in some sense?