Introduction to Ethics Bowl
Mon, Feb 17
In this class we will introduce the Spring 2020 GGL Midterm Project -- The Ethics Bowl.
By the end of class:
- You will practice constructing an ethics bowl case.
- You will understand what is expected for our ethics bowl midterm assignment.
- You will reflect on the importance of both truth and community in pursuing philosophy.
Complete the following reflection questions in your GGL Journal:
- How does Frankfurt distinguish the difference between truth, lies and bullshit? Are the sophists bullshitters? Why or why not?
- When, if ever, would it be okay to bullshit in giving an ethics bowl case? Why?